I am a voracious reader of nonfiction and personal growth books. I quite often walk out of the library with a stack of 15 books or more, mostly personal growth, motivational and healthy lifestyle non fiction books.
I love learning new ways and strategies to approach and improve life, and I’d like to share a few of my faves with you.
1. The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
by Stephen Pressfield
Do you have a book, creative or business idea that you’d like to pursue, and are feeling resistance to begin or take action? Resistance is a common roadblock to success. “The War of Art” is the solution! If you have an idea that utilizes your talent and creativity, yet you feel resistance, read this book ASAP! It will change your perspective and re-energize you to stay strong and focused, and overcome the resistance that may be in your way.
I read this entire book in one day. Learning that most people have some form of resistance to overcome when pursuing a creative endeavor was a lightbulb for me. I was inspired, I gathered a few friends to make this video that same week, which inspired and kicked off the Healthy Life Project. As long as it serves the greater good, follow your creative inspiration and “just start“.
2. Maximum Achievement Strategies and Skills That Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed
by Brian Tracy
If you need motivation to achieve a higher level of success in all areas of your life, this book is one of the best!
“This is an owner’s manual for high-performance winners.”Dennis watley
What I like about it:
• It covers many different areas, from relationships, to love, decision making to mental mastery.
• After you’ve read the entire book, use it as reference, on the chapters you need most. Topics within a chapter are labeled, so it’s easy to quickly scan for what may be helpful for you in the moment.
• Brian Tracy is one of the original masters of self-management skills and development.
• This book has a positive tone and is to the point, providing strategies to immediately implement in all areas of life. When I’ve struggled throughout the years, I have this by my side to offer skills for pushing through.
3. The Power of Positive Thinking
by Norman Vincent Peale
This is a classic. This book was one of the first books I ever read. It’s a mindset to live your life. Norman Vincent Peale is one of the original authors of self improvement and one of the best of all time. Norman Vincent Peale provides motivation and examples of how the power of positive thinking can change your life and empower you for success in all areas of your life, by simply changing your thoughts.
4. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
by Jen Sincero
Do you have an idea that you are inspired to pursue, yet feel the “imposter syndrome”? The feeling like, “who am I to do this?” This feeling of resistance is normal. A new idea is a new creation. It’s not like anything you’ve seen or done before, so making it a reality is a risk and a new experience. There is no clear pathway to follow. You are creating it. This is a great read to learn to trust yourself.
In “You are a Badass”, Jen Sincero will give you a boost of motivation to live your best life. It’s a fun and quick read. Jen Sincero is conversational and entertaining as she delivers inspiring widsom and shares her experiences to encourage you to go for your dreams.
Surrounding yourself with inspirational books and content, can really make a difference. Positive and motivating input creates positive and motivating output.
“Surround yourself with good people and good books.”
Do you have book recommendations? How has it made a difference in your life?