Every Saturday, from June until October, I look forward to the local farmer’s market in Colorado. There is nothing better than picking out fresh produce and taking it home to prepare a healthy and delicious meal.
10 of my favorite things to buy at the local famers market.
2. Fresh Cucumbers
3. Green beans
5. Local honey
Eating local honey is good for you. The elements that sustain the honey help build your immune system.
6. Onions and Garlic
7. Fresh fruit (Apples, plums, peaches, cantaloupe and watermelon)
8. Fresh greens (lettuce, kale, spinach, collards, etc)
9. Zuccini and Squash
Bonus: Treat yourself to kettle corn and fresh homemade bread in moderation.
Favorite Farmer’s Market veggie stir fry
- your favorite fresh veggies
- 1 fresh onion diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil high heat
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 squash diced
- 1/4 red pepper chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- green beans sliced
What do you like to buy at your local farmer’s market? Share your favorite Farmer’s Market recipes below.